The Almshouses were built by Sir Robert Southwell (1635-1702). Sir Robert was born in the Kinsale area, and became one of the most famous and powerful men of his time. [more]
Kinsale was the site of a battle in 1601 that was a turning point in Irish history. For over 300 years it was a garrison town and port of consequence, leaving a legacy of Georgian and Victorian architecture.
Open Year Round
Regular guided tours are available
Exhibition centre on site
Perhaps the best-known historical attraction in Kinsale, Charles Fort, is on the road just beyond Summercove. It is open all year, and regular guided tours are available. [more]
This church was built in 1839, and designed by Brother Michael Augustine who also built a number of the churches in Cork city. It had extensive work carried out in the past decade and has been returned to its original glory. [more]
Cork Street, Kinsale, Co Cork, Ireland
Tel: 021 477 4855
Open Daily: Mid April – End of October; 10.00am, – 6.00pm; Last Entry 5.15pm. Regular guided tours are available.
Admission: Adults €2.75, senior citizens and groups €2.00, students and children €1.25, family tickets €7.00. [more]
James Fort holds a commanding position directly across the harbour mouth from Charles Fort. Together, these forts guarded the narrow harbour entrance. [more]
Kinsale Garden of Remembrance is dedicated to the memory of Fr. Michael Judge, Chaplain in the New York Fire Department and to the 343 brave fire fighters, who so courageously lost their lives in New York on September 11th 2001. [more]
Built in 1190, this church has remained in continuous use to the present day. Some interesting features include an inscription in Norman French, the Easter sepulchre, the Baptismal font, the carved memorials, and the reredos from the Galway chapel as well as the wooden Coat of Arms. [more]
This building dates from about 1600, with additions in 1706 that included the frontage with loggia on the ground floor. Offices and a jury room were provided on the first floor, and part of the original building was converted into an interesting panelled courtroom. [more]